101. What is inductive reasoning?
The process of the objective mind by which we compare a number of separate instances with each other until we see the common factor which gives rise to them all.
102. What has this method of studying accomplished?
It has resulted in the discovery of a reign of law which has marked an epoch in human progress.
103. What is it that guides and determines action?
It is need, want and desire which in the largest sense induce, guide and determine action.
104. What is the formula for the unerring solution of every individual problem?
We are to believe that our desire has already been fulfilled; its accomplishment will then follow.
105. What great Teachers advocated it?
Jesus, Plato, Swedenborg.
106. What is the result of this thought process?
We are thinking on the plane of the absolute and planting a seed, which if left undisturbed will germinate into fruition.
107. Why is it scientifically exact?
Because it is Natural Law.
108. What is Faith?
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen."
109. What is the Law of Attraction?
The Law by which Faith is brought into manifestation.
110. What importance do you attach to an understanding of this law?
It has eliminated the elements of uncertainty and caprice from men's lives and substituted law, reason, and certitude.
111. How may any purpose in life be best accomplished?
Through a scientific understanding of the spiritual nature of thought.
112. What three steps are absolutely essential?
The knowledge of our power, the courage to dare, the faith to do.
113. How is the practical working knowledge secured?
By an understanding of Natural laws.
114. What is the reward of an understanding of these laws?
A conscious realization of our ability to adjust ourselves to Divine and unchanging principle.
115. What will indicate the degree of success with which we meet?
The degree in which we realize that we cannot change the Infinite but must cooperate with it.
116. What is the principle which gives thought its dynamic power?
The Law of Attraction which rests on vibration, which in turn rests upon the law of love. Thought impregnated with love becomes invincible.
117. Why is this law irresistible?
Because it is a Natural law. All Natural laws are irresistible and unchangeable and act with mathematical exactitude. There is no deviation or variation.
118. Why then does it sometimes seem to be difficult to find the solution to our problems in life?
For the same reason that it is sometimes difficult to find the correct solution to a difficult mathematical problem. The operator is uninformed or inexperienced.
119. Why is it impossible for the mind to grasp an entirely new idea?
We have no corresponding vibratory brain cell capable of receiving the idea.
120. How is wisdom secured?
By concentration; it is an unfoldment; it comes from within.
121. What is the method by which natural philosophers obtain and apply their knowledge?
To observe individual facts carefully, patiently, accurately, with all the instruments and resources at their command, before venturing upon a statement of general laws.
122. How may we be certain that this method is correct?
By not permitting a tyrannical prejudice to neglect or mutilate unwelcome facts.
123. What classes of facts are esteemed most highly?
Those which cannot be accounted for by the usual daily observation of life.
124. Upon what is this principle founded?
Upon reason and experience.
125. What does it destroy?
Superstition, precedent and conventionality.
126. How have these laws been discovered?
By a generalization of facts which are uncommon, rare, strange and form the exception.
27. How may we account for much of the strange and heretofore unexplainable phenomena which is constantly taking place?
By the creative power of thought.
128. Why is this so?
Because when we learn of a fact we can be sure that it is the result of a certain definite cause and that this cause will operate with invariable precision.
129. What is the result of this knowledge?
It will explain the cause of every possible condition, whether physical, mental or spiritual.
130. How will our best interest be conserved?
By a recognition of the fact that a knowledge of the creative nature of thought puts us in touch with Infinite power.
131. What is the source of all Wisdom, Power and Intelligence?
The Universal Mind.
132. Where do all motion, light, heat and color have their origin?
In the Universal Energy, which is one manifestation of the Universal Mind.
133. Where does the creative power of thought originate?
In the Universal Mind.
134. What is thought?
Mind in motion.
135. How is the Universal differentiated in form?
The individual is the means by which the Universal produces the various combinations which result in formation of phenomena.
136. How is this accomplished?
The power of the individual to think is his ability to act upon the Universal and bring it into manifestation.
137. What is the first form which the Universal takes so far as we know?
Electrons, which fill all space.
138. Where do all things have their origin?
139. What is the result of a change of thought?
A change in conditions.
140. What is the result of a harmonious mental attitude?
Harmonious conditions in life.
141. What determines the degree of harmony which we attain?
Our ability to appropriate what we require for our growth from each experience.
142. What do difficulties and obstacles indicate?
That they are necessary for our wisdom and spiritual growth.
143. How may these difficulties be avoided?
By a conscious understanding of and cooperation with Natural laws.
144. What is the principle by which thought manifests itself in form?
The Law of Attraction.
145. How is the necessary material secured by which the growth, development and maturity of the idea take form?
The law of love, which is the creative principle of the Universe, imparts vitality to the thought, and the law of attraction brings the necessary substance by the law of growth.
146. How are desirable conditions secured?
By entertaining desirable thoughts only.
147. How are undesirable conditions brought about?
By thinking, discussing and visualizing conditions of lack, limitation, disease, inharmony and discord of every kind. This mental photography of erroneous conceptions is taken up by the subconscious and the law of attraction will inevitable crystallize it into objective form. That we reap what we sow is scientifically exact.
148. How can we overcome every kind of fear, lack, limitation, poverty and discord?
By substituting principle for error.
149. How may we recognize principle?
By a conscious realization of the fact that Truth invariably destroys error. We do not have to laboriously shovel the darkness out; all that is necessary is to turn on the light. The same principle applies to every form of negative thought.
150. What is the value of Insight?
It enables us to understand the value of making application of the knowledge which we gain. Many seem to think that knowledge will automatically apply itself, which is by no means true.
151. Upon what does wealth depend?
Upon an understanding of the creative nature of thought.
152. Upon what does its true value consist?
Upon its exchange value.
153. Upon what does success depend?
Upon spiritual power.
154. Upon what does this power depend?
Upon use; use determines its existence.
155. How may we take our fate out of the hands of chance?
By consciously realizing the conditions which we desire to see manifested in our lives.
156. What then is the great business of life?
157. Why is this so?
Because thought is spiritual and therefore creative. To consciously control thought is therefore to control circumstances, conditions, environment and destiny.
158. What is the source of all evil?
159. What is the source of all good?
Scientific correct thinking.
160. What is scientific thinking?
A recognition of the creative nature of spiritual energy and our ability to control it.
161. What is the true method of concentration?
To become so identified with the object of your thought that you are conscious of nothing else.
162. What is the result of this method of concentration?
Invisible forces are set in motion which irresistibly bring about conditions in correspondence with your thought.
163. What is the controlling factor in this method of thought?
164. Why is this so?
Because the nature of our desire must be in harmony with Natural Law.
165. What is the practical value of this method of concentration?
Thought is transmuted into character, and character is the magnet which creates the environment of the individual.
166. What is the controlling factor in every commercial pursuit?
The mental element.
167. Why is this so?
Because Mind is the ruler and creator of all form and all events occurring in form.
168. How does concentration operate?
By the development of the powers of perception, wisdom, intuition, and sagacity.
169. Why is intuition superior to reason?
Because it does not depend upon experience or memory and frequently brings about the solution to our problems by methods concerning which we are in entire ignorance.
170. What is the result of pursuing the symbol of the reality?
They frequently turn to ashes just as we overtake them, because the symbol is only the outward form of the spiritual activity within, therefore unless we can possess the spiritual reality, the form disappears.
171. How is the difference in individual lives measured?
By the degree of intelligence which they manifest.
172. What is the law by which the individual may control other forms of intelligence?
A recognition of the self as an individualization of the Universal Intelligence.
173. Where does the creative power originate?
In the Universal.
174. How does the Universal create form?
By means of the individual.
175. What is the connecting link between the individual and the Universal?
176. What is the principle by which the means of existence is carried into effect?
The Law of Love.
177. How is this principle brought into expression?
By the law of growth.
178. Upon what condition does the law of growth depend?
Upon reciprocal action. The individual is complete at all times and this makes it possible to receive only as we give.
179. What is it that we give?
180. What do we receive?
Thought, which is substance in equilibrium and which is constantly being differentiated in form by what we think.
181. How are extremes placed in contrast?
They are designated by distinctive names, such as inside and outside, top and bottom, light and dark, good and bad.
182. Are these separate entities?
No, they are parts or aspects of one Whole.
183. What is the one creative Principle in the physical, mental and spiritual world?
The Universal Mind, or the Eternal Energy from which all things proceed.
184. How are we related to this creative Principle?
By our ability to think.
185. How does this creative Principle become operative?
Thought is the seed, which results in action and action results in form.
186. Upon what does form depend?
Upon the rate of vibration.
187. How may the rate of vibration be changed?
By mental action.
188. Upon what does mental action depend?
Upon polarity, action and reaction, between the individual and the Universal.
189. Does the creative energy originate in the individual or the Universal?
In the Universal, but the Universal can manifest only through the individual.
190. Why is the individual necessary?
Because the Universal is static, and requires energy to start it in motion. This is furnished by food which is converted into energy, which in turn enables the individual to think. When the individual stops eating he stops thinking; then he no longer acts upon the Universal; there is consequently no longer any action or reaction; the Universal is then only pure mind in static form -- mind at rest.
191. Upon what condition does power depend?
Upon recognition and use.
192. What is recognition?
193. How do we become conscious of power?
194. What then is the true business of life?
Correct scientific thinking.
195. What is correct scientific thinking?
The ability to adjust our thought processes to the will of the Universal. In other words, to cooperate with Natural laws.
196. How is this accomplished?
By securing a perfect understanding of the principles, forces, methods and combinations of mind.
197. What is this Universal Mind?
The basic fact of all existence.
198. What is the cause of all lack, limitation, disease and discord?
It is due to the operation of exactly the same law, the law operates relentlessly and is continually bringing about conditions in correspondence with the thought which originated or created them.
199. What is inspiration?
The art of realizing the omnipresence of Omniscience.
200. Upon what does the conditions with which we meet depend?
Upon the quality of our thought. Because what we do depends upon what we are and what we are depends upon what we think.
201. What is the real secret of power?
The consciousness of power, because whatever we become conscious of, is invariably manifested in the objective world, is brought forth into tangible expression.
202. What is the source of this power?
The Universal Mind, from which all things proceed, and which is one and indivisible.
203. How is this power being manifested?
Through the individual, each individual is a channel whereby this energy is being differentiated in form.
204. How may we connect with this Omnipotence?
Our ability to think is our ability to act on this Universal Energy, and what we think is what is produced or created in the objective world.
205. What is the result of this discovery?
The result is nothing less than marvelous, it opens unprecedented and limitless opportunity.
206. How, then, may we eliminate imperfect conditions?
By becoming conscious of our Unity with the source of all power.
207. What is one of the distinctive characteristics of the Master Mind?
He thinks big thoughts, he holds ideas large enough to counteract and destroy all petty and annoying obstacles.
208. How do experiences come to us?
Through the law of attraction.
209. How is this law brought into operation?
By our predominant mental attitude.
210. What is the issue between the old regime and the new?
A question of conviction as to the nature of the Universe. The old regime is trying to cling to the fatalistic doctrine of Divine election. The new regime recognizes the divinity of the individual, the democracy of humanity.
211. How may sickness be eliminated?
By placing ourselves in harmony with Natural Law which is Omnipotent.
212. What is the process?
A realization that man is a spiritual being and that this spirit must necessarily be perfect.
213. What is the result?
A conscious recognition of this perfection - first intellectually, then emotionally - brings about a manifestation of this perfection.
214. Why is this so?
Because thought is spiritual and therefore creative and correlates with its object and brings it into manifestation.
215. What Natural Law is brought into operation?
The Law of Vibration.
216. Why does this govern?
Because a higher rate of vibration governs, modifies, controls, changes, or destroys a lower rate of vibration.
217. Is this system of mental therapeutics generally recognized?
Yes, there are literally millions of people in this country who make use of it in one form or another (and obviously many more world- wide).
218. What is the result of this system of thought?
For the first time in the world's history every man's highest reasoning faculty can be satisfied by a demonstrable truth which is now fast flooding the world.
219. Is this system applicable to other forms of supply?
It will meet every human requirement or necessity.
220. Is this system scientific or religious?
Both. True science and true religion are twin sisters, where one goes, the other necessarily follows.
221. What is the first law of success?
222. How may we be of the most service?
Have an open mind; be interested in the race rather than the goal, in the pursuit rather than possession.
223. What is the result of a selfish thought?
It contains the germs of dissolution.
224. How will our greatest success be achieved?
By a recognition of the fact that it is just as essential to give as to receive.
225. Why do financiers frequently meet with great success?
Because they do their own thinking.
226. Why do the great majority in every country remain the docile and apparently willing tools of the few?
Because they let the few do all their thinking for them.
227. What is the effect of concentrating upon sorrow and loss?
More sorrow and more loss.
228. What is the effect of concentrating upon gain?
229. Is this principle used in the business world?
It is the only principle which is ever used, or ever can be used; there is no other principle. The fact that it may be used unconsciously does not alter the situation.
230. What is the practical application of this principle?
The fact that success is an effect, not a cause, and if we wish to secure the effect we must ascertain the cause, or idea or thought by which the effect is created.
231. Upon what principle does the theory and practice of every system of Metaphysics in existence depend?
Upon a knowledge of the "Truth" concerning yourself and the world in which you life.
232. What is the "Truth" concerning yourself?
The real "I" or ego is spiritual and can therefore never be less than perfect.
233. What is the method of destroying any form of error?
To absolutely convince yourself of the "Truth" concerning the condition which you wish to see manifested.
234. Can we do this for others?
The Universal Mind in which "we live and move and have our being" is one and indivisible, it is therefore just as possible to help others as to help ourselves.
235. What is the Universal Mind?
The totality of all mind in existence.
236. Where is the Universal Mind?
The Universal Mind is omnipresent, it exists everywhere. There is no place where it is not. It is therefore within us. It is "The World within." It is our spirit, our life.
237. What is the nature of the Universal Mind?
It is spiritual and consequently creative. It seeks to express itself in form.
238. How may we act on the Universal Mind?
Our ability to think is our ability to act on the Universal Mind and bring it into manifestation for the benefit of ourselves or others.
239. What is meant by thinking?
Clear, decisive, calm, deliberate, sustained thought with a definite end in view.
240. What will be the result?
You will also be able to say, "It is not I that doeth the works, but the ‘Father’ that dwelleth within me, He doeth the works." You will come to know that the "Father" is the Universal Mind and that He does really and truly dwell within you, in other words, you will come to know that the wonderful promises made in the Bible are fact, not fiction, and can be demonstrated by anyone having sufficient understanding.