Why the Law of Attraction Doesn't Work | Top Sales Training ...

Why the <b>Law of Attraction</b> Doesn&#39;t Work | Top Sales Training <b>...</b>


Why the <b>Law of Attraction</b> Doesn&#39;t Work | Top Sales Training <b>...</b>

Posted: 12 Feb 2014 11:45 AM PST

Law of AttractionAs I wrote the title for this article I felt a bit of trepidation. After all, I know many people will disagree with me, and that's okay. Actually, that's great because I want people to think about their own truth when it comes to the Law of Attraction (LOA) and what works for them. What I've found in my sales coaching practice, though, is that people are frustrated behind the scenes because the LOA hasn't worked for them, but they are too frustrated or ashamed to tell anyone.

Well, I'll tell you, the LOA hasn't always worked for me either.

But it has worked sometimes. Why?

First, though, what is the LOA? The LOA is the Universal Law that states like attracts like. It has been talked about for hundreds of years in different ways. It became more popular in the positive thought movement in the early 1900′s. Most recently, it became mainstream due to the bestselling book and movie The Secret.

Before I share my theory, I want to tell you a quick story about the LOA in my own life. I can feel you at the edge of your seats.

After The Secret came out, I was just as excited as everyone else about applying the LOA. Oh, wait; in case you were under a rock, The Secret was a movie and later a book talking about the LOA. There were many thought leaders and self-help authors and speakers who were featured in the film. For several of them, the movie catapulted their careers all the way to Oprah.

I had written Selling with Intention by the time The Secret came out and I had even talked about the LOA in my book. As I mentioned, people have been talking about the LOA for hundreds of years and in many different ways. So The Secret wasn't really a secret at all, but Rhonda Byrne was one of the best marketing geniuses of all time. However, I don't want to take anything away from The Secret because I believe that it helped a lot of people see that they had more control over their lives than they had ever imagined and it got people dreaming again.

But when it didn't work, it also depressed a lot of people and probably had a tremendously negative impact on their businesses, sales, lives, etc. Someone wrote recently that they didn't think it was a coincidence that the economy collapsed right after The Secret came out. Now I think that's extreme. The economy was going that direction anyway. But The Secret might have caused people to take risks they might not otherwise have taken. I would put myself in that category.

I had been using the LOA, but after I saw The Secret I was super motivated to take more risks because I figured I could handle it, especially armed with confidence from the movie. Tim, my husband, and I then purchased a lot of real estate. I purchased countless coaching programs and more, creating a tremendous amount of debt. At the same time, I was under pressure to write more books, grow my business, and take care of my clients, while managing that debt. All self-imposed pressure, of course, but I was learning from all of these coaches and I had a list of things that I now HAD to do.

If I would have stopped for a minute, I might have realized that all of the pressure I was putting on myself wasn't healthy and wasn't necessarily in my best interest or in the best interest of my business. It felt like very masculine energy, like I was forcing things to happen. Even though I was using what I thought was the LOA, it still felt like I had to put a tremendous amount of effort into everything I was doing. It felt like I was running through quicksand. I could see the goals right ahead of me, but I was going to have to work really hard to make them happen.

The good news is that LOA motivated me to get a lot of things done and to believe that they could happen. And a lot of things did happen. What I didn't realize then, though, was why certain things happened and others didn't. As I've shared in my books and at speaking engagements, my husband and I lost hundreds of thousands of dollars when the most recent recession hit. I know we weren't alone in that. I also know that I wouldn't have taken as many risks if it hadn't been for my belief in the LOA. And, unfortunately, that was how I learned that the LOA was only part of the strategy that I needed to understand. If Tim and I had been able to change some of our limiting beliefs sooner, I don't think we would have lost as much money in the recession as we had. I also think my business would have grown with much less effort (like I experience now).

Would I change what happened and what we lost? Absolutely not, because it gave me the real world experience to now help my clients in ways that I couldn't have before. Would I want to live it all over again? Absolutely not!

In my opinion, when the LOA doesn't work, it's because your belief system isn't consciously in alignment with your goal.

There. I said it. And that's basically it. Simple to say, harder to change. When your belief system is in alignment with your goals, the energy to achieve your goals will feel softer and more feminine. Things will flow more easily to you. It's not that you won't put effort in or take inspired action, but you definitely won't feel like you are slogging through quicksand. I wrote a lot about that in Selling with Synchronicity, so definitely check out that book if you want to go deeper there.

I was reading another book recently (yes, I read a lot) and the author was talking about the LOA. The author gave a specific example of how someone they knew had attracted a very expensive car (let's say a Bentley) because they had it on their vision board and did whatever they needed to do to bring it into reality.

And they did.

But it wasn't in alignment with their belief system, so they couldn't afford the repairs and ultimately couldn't keep it. Another example is lottery winners. We hear about lottery winners all of the time and how they ultimately can't hold on to their wealth. The money wasn't in alignment with their current belief system. Their subconscious belief might have been something like, Rich people are greedy. And maybe they believed that if they were greedy, they would lose their family or friends. So they had to get rid of their money before that happened.

Think about your own sales, business and life. Are there times when you have attracted something and then it quickly disappeared? Maybe the LOA worked to help you get things but not keep them.

More frequently, though, I work with people whose belief systems don't allow them to even attract the things they desire in the first place. In my work, the first place it often shows up is in sales. My clients want to attract more sales, but there seems to be something blocking them. They practice all of the strategies they've learned through the LOA, but it's not enough. What they don't realize is that they have subconscious beliefs blocking them.

That's why in all of the training I do (from Sales Camp to private coaching) I always begin with my client's belief system. If I can figure out what you believe about sales and selling, the negative beliefs, I can usually help you release the old beliefs and create the sales you desire. Plus, once you create the sales you desire, the money won't just disappear because you will have new beliefs in place and a plan for it.

Are you ready to play with your own sales goals?

First, think of your current stretch sales goal. (Note: It should be a stretch but feel believable at some level). Write that number down.

Then ask yourself, What do I believe about that sales goal? In other words, you do believe it will happen? Or do you feel like it won't happen? What are the negative beliefs that are showing up that might stop you from reaching your sales stretch goal?

Next, write down those beliefs. Perhaps you have written, I would love to reach that sales goal, but I don't believe there are enough prospects out there.รถ So you can see that the limiting belief is, There aren't enough prospects out there.

To begin to break through this belief, you can then write down three things that aren't true about this belief:

1. There are billions of people on the planet. I know there are more than enough prospects for me.

2. My competitors easily sell to my prospects every month.

3. I have lots of leads I haven't closed and they are actually great prospects

As you start to write down what isn't true about this belief, it begins to release its hold on you. As the hold is released, you will begin to feel lighter and you will often see opportunities that are right in front of you, or you will feel less afraid to pick up the phone and make your sales calls. (That's what you are going to do, right?)

My guess is that the prospects you have on your desk to call would get you to your monthly sales goal. Am I right?

The LOA is a powerful tool, but it's only part of the picture. Begin now to notice your beliefs about sales and selling so that you can more easily grow your sales in 2014.

Love, <b>Law of Attraction</b> and YOU! | The Soulmate Secret

Posted: 11 Feb 2014 03:00 AM PST

images-8Friday is Valentine's Day (as I am sure you know) and I want you to give yourself permission to spoil yourself completely!

If you feel yourself resisting this idea, please remember that the Law of Attraction states "what you put your attention on grows." When we focus on self love, we attract more love.

Now, what would 'spoiling yourself' look like for you?

Here are some suggestions:

  • Write yourself a love letter.  Get out a nice card or piece of stationary and really give yourself the freedom to express all the things you most love and appreciate about yourself…really go for it. Gush big-time and be your biggest fan!
  • Gaze into a mirror, look deep into your own eyes and speak these words out loud: "I really love you.  You are a totally wonderful, beautiful, magical person deserving of great love." 
  • Make a plan, today, for what you will do on Friday night. If you enjoy cooking, invite a friend or two over to join you for a delicious meal with fresh flowers, candles and an atmosphere to celebrate friendship.
  • Buy yourself a special gift…. perhaps a piece of jewelry you can wear daily as a reminder of how much you admire yourself!
  • Share words of love and appreciation with all your non-romantic soulmates.
  • Take some photos of whatever you decide to do and then next Valentine's Day you can share them with your soulmate.  This is a wonderful way for you to "savor the waiting."

I would love to hear from you so tell me what you do for you this Valentines Day.  Feel free to email me at arielleford@nullgmail.com (and send photos if you have them!

Wishing you love, laughter and magical kisses,

Arielle

p.s. BOOK SALE! Both WABI SABI LOVE and THE SOULMATE SECRET— eBooks are on sale and specially priced at $3.99 each until February 17th

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Manifesting Secrets, Self Love. Bookmark the permalink.

<b>Law of Attraction</b> When it Does Not Operate | My Blog

Posted: 13 Feb 2014 10:50 PM PST

Are you applying the law of attraction appropriately? If you are like most folks you are mainly most likely quite frustrated. You want to manifest adjustments more rapidly. Visiting attraction marketing certainly provides suggestions you could give to your mother. You want to manifest cash more quickly. You want to manifest new pals but for all your challenging efforts anything seems to me missing. You might be think, If I can have do or be something I want, then why cant I see the outcomes? This is a frequent frustration with most individuals who are new to the law of attraction. The discomfort of failing once more and again at applying the law of attraction can result in anyone to give up. Be taught further on our favorite partner URL – Click here: save on. Many years ago when I discovered of the law of attraction I went via the quite same frustration until I discovered what is at the heart of the secret to manifesting higher benefits. The secret to manifesting something you want making use of the law of attraction is the energy behind your intention and your thoughts. Energy is abundant in the universe. You are continuously being influenced by different qualities of power all the time. There is a distinct top quality of power of your thoughts. There is also a distinct quality of energy in your atmosphere. Clicking images on facebook probably provides cautions you should tell your aunt. This staggering worth reading article has various salient suggestions for why to mull over this thing. Each degree of energy impacts your capacity to manifest differently. Even though most folks who discover of the law of attraction feel exclusively of their thoughts, they are unaware of the tenor of power within their although types. The more sensitive you turn into to the tenor of power inside you, as well as your environment the less difficult it become to align your self with the power of what you want to manifest in your life. If the power within you is out of alignment with exactly where you want to be then you basically can not manifest what you actually need. The law of attraction is an art that have to be understood at its very core. Learn to grow to be nevertheless and ask your self, How am I feeling at this moment? Even though you may be pondering of what you want you may be feeling quite considerably out of alignment with what you actually need to manifest. As you grow to be aware of the tone of your individual energy you can slowly learn to increase your energy to turn into a magnet for what you when. When you do the law of attraction becomes an incredible tool to manifest what you genuinely want.

Law of Attraction When it Does Not Operate

Famous People Who use the <b>Law of Attraction</b> » The <b>Law Of</b> <b>...</b>

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 03:55 PM PST

Do you get excited when you hear about some famous people who use the Law of Attraction? Well, I do – and there are so many of them, real celebrities who talk about it in public, who share their thoughts and stories, and some of them are really inspiring!

Obviously it had worked for them – they have created the fame and fortune practically out of nothing. And it's great that they talk about it – some people who use and practice the Law of Attraction are too shy to tell anyone about that. These people might inspire them to be more brave :)

Will Smith

Will Smith is so enthusiastic about the Law of Attraction that you simply can't resist his smile. Take a look:

Oprah

Oprah has been talking about the LoA for years, she even promoted some of the authors (like Eckhart Tolle) in her show.

In this interview she gave to Larry King, she talks about how the Law of Attraction has worked for her way before her fame and fortune – back in 1984, when she used it to attract her movie role in The Color Purple:

Jim Carrey

Do you know the story about Jim Carrey and his check?

Back in 1990, when he was a struggling young comic trying to make it in LA, one night, dreaming about his future, he wrote himself a check for $10 million "for acting services rendered". He was broke at the time. The check stayed in his pocket until it deteriorated.

He dated the check for Tanksgiving 1995. By that time his per film fee escalated to $20 million.

Here's Jim Carrey talking about being present in the Now (a short video):

LMFAO

Uncle and nephew who make this rapper duo share their story in the video below – pretty cool:

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Yeah, him too! In this video he talks about his journey from Mr. Olympia, to Mr. Universe, to Actor, and finally, to Governor, about the role of vision and visualization, and the power of our mind. He shares this great sentence:

If you don't see it and if you don't believe it, then who else will?

Do you know of any other famous people who use the Law of Attraction?

No comments:

Post a Comment