The Law of Attraction - Steve Pavlina

The <b>Law of Attraction</b> - Steve Pavlina


The <b>Law of Attraction</b> - Steve Pavlina

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 12:00 AM PDT

The Law of Attraction simply says that you attract into your life whatever you think about.  Your dominant thoughts will find a way to manifest.  But the Law of Attraction gives rise to some tough questions that don't seem to have good answers.  I would say, however, that these problems aren't caused by the Law of Attraction itself but rather by the Law of Attraction as applied to objective reality.

Here are some of those problematic questions (all are generalizations of ones I received via email):

  • What happens when people put out conflicting intentions, like two people intending to get the same promotion when only one position is available?
  • Do children, babies, and/or animals put out intentions?
  • If a child is abused, does that mean the child intended it in some way?
  • If I intend for my relationship to improve, but my spouse doesn't seem to care, what will happen?

These questions seem to weaken the plausibility of the Law of Attraction.  Sometimes people answer them by going pretty far out.  For example, it's been said by LoAers that a young child experiences abuse because s/he intended it or earned it during a past life.  Well, sure… we can explain just about anything if we bring past lives into the equation, but IMO that's a cop-out.  On the other hand, objective reality without the Law of Attraction doesn't provide satisfactory answers either — supposedly some kids are just born unlucky.  That's a cop-out too.

I've never been satisfied by others' answers to these questions, and they're pretty important questions if the Law of Attraction is to be believed.  Some books hint at the solution but never really nail it.  That nail, however, can be found in the concept of subjective reality.

Subjective reality is a belief system in which (1) there is only one consciousness, (2) you are that singular consciousness, and (3) everything and everyone in your reality is a projection of your thoughts.

You may not see it yet, but subjective reality neatly answers all these tricky Law of Attraction questions.  Let me 'splain….

In subjective reality there's only one consciousness, and it's yours.  Consequently, there's only one source of intentions in your universe — YOU.  While you may observe lots of walking, talking bodies in your reality, they all exist inside your consciousness.  You know this is how your dreams work, but you haven't yet realized your waking reality is just another type of dream.  It only seems solid because you believe (intend) it is.

Since none of the other characters you encounter are conscious in a way that's separate from you, nobody else can have intentions.  The only intentions are yours.  You're the only thinker in this universe.

It's important to correctly define the YOU in subjective reality.  YOU are not your physical body.  This is not the egoic you at all.  I'm not suggesting you're a conscious body walking around in a world full of unconscious automatons.  That would be a total misunderstanding of subjective reality.  The correct viewpoint is that you're the single consciousness in which this entire reality takes place.

Imagine you're having a dream.  In that dream what exactly are YOU?  Are YOU the physical dream character you identify with?  No, of course not — that's just your dream avatar.  YOU are the dreamer.  The entire dream occurs within your consciousness.  All dream characters are projections of your dream thoughts, including your avatar.  In fact, if you learn lucid dreaming, you can even switch avatars in your dream by possessing another character.  In a lucid dream, you can do anything you believe you can.

Physical reality works the same way.  This is a denser universe than what you experience in your sleeping dreams, so changes occur a bit more gradually here.  But this reality still conforms to your thoughts just like a sleeping dream.  YOU are the dreamer in which all of this is taking place.

The idea that other people have intentions is an illusion because other people are just projections.  Of course, if you strongly believe other people have intentions, then that's the dream you'll create for yourself.  But ultimately it's still an illusion.

Here's how subjective reality answers these challenging Law of Attraction questions:

What happens when people put out conflicting intentions, like two people intending to get the same promotion when only one position is available?

Since you're the only intender, this is entirely an internal conflict — within YOU.  You're holding the thought (the intention) for both people to want the same position.  But you're also thinking (intending) that only one can get it.  So you're intending competition.  This whole situation is your creation.  You believe in competition, so that's what you manifest.  Maybe you have some beliefs (thoughts and intentions) about who will get the promotion, in which case your expectations will manifest.  But you may have a higher order belief that life is random, unfair, uncertain, etc., so in that case you may manifest a surprise because that's what you're intending.

Being the only intender in your reality places a huge responsibility on your shoulders.  You can give up control of your reality by thinking (intending) randomness and uncertainty, but you can never give up responsibility.  You're the sole creator in this universe.  If you think about war, poverty, disease, etc., that's exactly what you'll manifest.  If you think about peace, love, and joy, you'll manifest that too.  Your reality is exactly what you think it is.  Whenever you think about anything, you summon its manifestation.

Do children, babies, and/or animals put out intentions?

No.  Your own body doesn't even put out intentions — only your consciousness does.  You're the only one who has intentions, so what takes precedence is what YOU intend for the children, babies, and animals in your reality.  Every thought is an intention, so however you think about the other beings in your reality is what you'll eventually manifest for them.  Keep in mind that beliefs are hierarchical, so if you have a high order belief that reality is random and unpredictable and out of your control, then that intention will trump other intentions of which you're less certain.  It's your entire collection of thoughts that dictates how your reality manifests.

If a child is abused, does that mean the child intended it in some way?

No.  It means YOU intended it.  You intend child abuse to manifest simply by thinking about it.  The more you think about child abuse (or any other subject), the more you'll see it expand in your reality.  Whatever you think about expands, and not just in the narrow space of your avatar but in all of physical reality.

If I intend for my relationship to improve, but my spouse doesn't seem to care, what will happen?

This is another example of intending conflict.  You're projecting one intention for your avatar and one for your spouse, so the actual unified intention is that of conflict.  Hence the result you experience, subject to the influence of your higher order beliefs, will be to experience conflict with your spouse.  If your thoughts are conflicted, your reality is conflicted.

This is why assuming responsibility for your thoughts is so important.  If you want to see peace in the world, then intend peace for EVERYTHING in your reality.  If you want to see abundance in the world, then intend it for EVERYONE.  If you want to enjoy loving relationships, then intend loving relationships for ALL.  If you intend these only for your own avatar but not for others, then you're intending conflict, division, and separation; consequently, that's what you'll experience.

If you stop thinking about something entirely, does that mean it disappears?  Yes, technically it does.  But in practice it's next to impossible to uncreate what you've already manifested.  You'll continue creating the same problems just by noticing them.  But when you assume 100% responsibility for everything you're experiencing in your reality right now — absolutely everything — then you assume the power to alter your reality by rechanneling your thoughts.

This entire reality is your creation.  Feel good about that.  Feel grateful for the richness of your world.  And then begin creating the reality you truly want by making decisions and holding intentions.  Think about what you desire, and withdraw your thoughts from what you don't want.  The most natural, easiest way to do this is to pay attention to your emotions.  Thinking about your desires feels good, and thinking about what you don't want makes you feel bad.  When you notice yourself feeling bad, you've caught yourself thinking about something you don't want.  Turn your focus back towards what you do want, and your emotional state will improve rapidly.  As you do this repeatedly, you'll begin to see your physical reality shift too, first in subtle ways and then in bigger leaps.

I too am just a manifestation of your consciousness.  I play the role you expect me to play.  If you expect me to be a helpful guide, I will be.  If you expect me to be profound and insightful, I will be.  If you expect me to be confused or deluded, I will be.  But of course there's no distinct ME that is separate from YOU.  I'm just one of your many creations.  I am what you intend me to be.  But deep down you already knew that, didn't you?


Steve Recommends
Here are my recommendations for products and services I've reviewed that can improve your results. This is a short list since it only includes my top picks.

Visionary Empowerment Training - FREE training for conscious entrepreneurs
Site Build It! - Use SBI to start your own money-making website
Getting Rich with Ebooks - Earn passive income from ebooks
Lefkoe Method - Permanently eliminate a limiting belief in 20 minutes
PhotoReading - Read books 3 times faster
Paraliminals - Condition your mind for positive thinking and success
The Journal - Record your life lessons in a secure private journal
Sedona Method (FREE audios) - Release your blocks in a few minutes
Life on Purpose - A step-by-step process to discover your life purpose

If you've found Steve's work helpful, please donate to show your support.

Get Steve's Free Newsletter to stay in touch and receive the newest updates

How <b>Law Of Attraction</b> Can Help In Achieving What You Want In <b>...</b>

Posted: 14 Feb 2014 07:38 AM PST

Law of attraction confesses that every negative or positive event which happened to you was enchanted by you. Law of attraction really helps you in achieving the best things in your life. Now, the question arises how to get this law of attraction. Well, below some simple steps are being explained. If you follow these steps, then naturally you will be able to achieve what you crave in your life.

Relaxation of your mind: You should not skedaddle, so please mediate your mind for at least five to ten minutes. This short meditation will boost the brain power and keep your mind cool and composed.

Do not be dubious about your achievement: Bear in mind that you are making a request to the universe which is made by thoughts and so respond to thoughts. Realize what you want to achieve. If you are dubious, then the Universe will receive unclear frequency and will give unwanted results.

Beg the Universe: You should request the Universe. Implore the Universe for what you want from it. This Universe will certainly give you theanswer. Keep your intentions pure and clear. Do not have any malicious feeling about anybody. The Universe has the divine power and helps anybody without any partiality. If you hold malice or envy against anyone, then naturally the Universe will not do good to you.  

Have faith in the universe: Universe is so vast that human beings cannot think of. It really has Godly powers. Thus, you must have complete faith in it. If you are pure hearted, then naturally Universe will be on your side. Never feel discouraged or lose your heart, however grave your problem may be. If any obstacle comes across your way, then think that Universe is taking your test and you have to clear it somehow. Remember the dictum of universe that none can escape the consequences of his deeds. Whatever you do either good or bad, you will get the results accordingly.

Show your thankfulness to the Universe: You must feel thankful or indebted to the Universe for what it has given to you. If you show your thankfulness to the universe, then the Universe will take keen interest in give you many things and you will be happy, hilarious and prosperous.

Hence, these were some of the simple steps to follow law of attraction. If you follow these steps, then law of attraction will be in your favor and you will never have miseries and destitutions in your life.

ArticlesBase

Share/Bookmark this article

Check out these related stories

Link to this article

Found this article useful? Please consider linking to it. Simply copy and paste the code below into your web site (Ctrl+C to copy).
It will look like this: How Law Of Attraction Can Help In Achieving What You Want In Your Life?

Why the <b>Law of Attraction</b> Doesn&#39;t Work | Top Sales Training <b>...</b>

Posted: 12 Feb 2014 11:45 AM PST

Law of AttractionAs I wrote the title for this article I felt a bit of trepidation. After all, I know many people will disagree with me, and that's okay. Actually, that's great because I want people to think about their own truth when it comes to the Law of Attraction (LOA) and what works for them. What I've found in my sales coaching practice, though, is that people are frustrated behind the scenes because the LOA hasn't worked for them, but they are too frustrated or ashamed to tell anyone.

Well, I'll tell you, the LOA hasn't always worked for me either.

But it has worked sometimes. Why?

First, though, what is the LOA? The LOA is the Universal Law that states like attracts like. It has been talked about for hundreds of years in different ways. It became more popular in the positive thought movement in the early 1900′s. Most recently, it became mainstream due to the bestselling book and movie The Secret.

Before I share my theory, I want to tell you a quick story about the LOA in my own life. I can feel you at the edge of your seats.

After The Secret came out, I was just as excited as everyone else about applying the LOA. Oh, wait; in case you were under a rock, The Secret was a movie and later a book talking about the LOA. There were many thought leaders and self-help authors and speakers who were featured in the film. For several of them, the movie catapulted their careers all the way to Oprah.

I had written Selling with Intention by the time The Secret came out and I had even talked about the LOA in my book. As I mentioned, people have been talking about the LOA for hundreds of years and in many different ways. So The Secret wasn't really a secret at all, but Rhonda Byrne was one of the best marketing geniuses of all time. However, I don't want to take anything away from The Secret because I believe that it helped a lot of people see that they had more control over their lives than they had ever imagined and it got people dreaming again.

But when it didn't work, it also depressed a lot of people and probably had a tremendously negative impact on their businesses, sales, lives, etc. Someone wrote recently that they didn't think it was a coincidence that the economy collapsed right after The Secret came out. Now I think that's extreme. The economy was going that direction anyway. But The Secret might have caused people to take risks they might not otherwise have taken. I would put myself in that category.

I had been using the LOA, but after I saw The Secret I was super motivated to take more risks because I figured I could handle it, especially armed with confidence from the movie. Tim, my husband, and I then purchased a lot of real estate. I purchased countless coaching programs and more, creating a tremendous amount of debt. At the same time, I was under pressure to write more books, grow my business, and take care of my clients, while managing that debt. All self-imposed pressure, of course, but I was learning from all of these coaches and I had a list of things that I now HAD to do.

If I would have stopped for a minute, I might have realized that all of the pressure I was putting on myself wasn't healthy and wasn't necessarily in my best interest or in the best interest of my business. It felt like very masculine energy, like I was forcing things to happen. Even though I was using what I thought was the LOA, it still felt like I had to put a tremendous amount of effort into everything I was doing. It felt like I was running through quicksand. I could see the goals right ahead of me, but I was going to have to work really hard to make them happen.

The good news is that LOA motivated me to get a lot of things done and to believe that they could happen. And a lot of things did happen. What I didn't realize then, though, was why certain things happened and others didn't. As I've shared in my books and at speaking engagements, my husband and I lost hundreds of thousands of dollars when the most recent recession hit. I know we weren't alone in that. I also know that I wouldn't have taken as many risks if it hadn't been for my belief in the LOA. And, unfortunately, that was how I learned that the LOA was only part of the strategy that I needed to understand. If Tim and I had been able to change some of our limiting beliefs sooner, I don't think we would have lost as much money in the recession as we had. I also think my business would have grown with much less effort (like I experience now).

Would I change what happened and what we lost? Absolutely not, because it gave me the real world experience to now help my clients in ways that I couldn't have before. Would I want to live it all over again? Absolutely not!

In my opinion, when the LOA doesn't work, it's because your belief system isn't consciously in alignment with your goal.

There. I said it. And that's basically it. Simple to say, harder to change. When your belief system is in alignment with your goals, the energy to achieve your goals will feel softer and more feminine. Things will flow more easily to you. It's not that you won't put effort in or take inspired action, but you definitely won't feel like you are slogging through quicksand. I wrote a lot about that in Selling with Synchronicity, so definitely check out that book if you want to go deeper there.

I was reading another book recently (yes, I read a lot) and the author was talking about the LOA. The author gave a specific example of how someone they knew had attracted a very expensive car (let's say a Bentley) because they had it on their vision board and did whatever they needed to do to bring it into reality.

And they did.

But it wasn't in alignment with their belief system, so they couldn't afford the repairs and ultimately couldn't keep it. Another example is lottery winners. We hear about lottery winners all of the time and how they ultimately can't hold on to their wealth. The money wasn't in alignment with their current belief system. Their subconscious belief might have been something like, Rich people are greedy. And maybe they believed that if they were greedy, they would lose their family or friends. So they had to get rid of their money before that happened.

Think about your own sales, business and life. Are there times when you have attracted something and then it quickly disappeared? Maybe the LOA worked to help you get things but not keep them.

More frequently, though, I work with people whose belief systems don't allow them to even attract the things they desire in the first place. In my work, the first place it often shows up is in sales. My clients want to attract more sales, but there seems to be something blocking them. They practice all of the strategies they've learned through the LOA, but it's not enough. What they don't realize is that they have subconscious beliefs blocking them.

That's why in all of the training I do (from Sales Camp to private coaching) I always begin with my client's belief system. If I can figure out what you believe about sales and selling, the negative beliefs, I can usually help you release the old beliefs and create the sales you desire. Plus, once you create the sales you desire, the money won't just disappear because you will have new beliefs in place and a plan for it.

Are you ready to play with your own sales goals?

First, think of your current stretch sales goal. (Note: It should be a stretch but feel believable at some level). Write that number down.

Then ask yourself, What do I believe about that sales goal? In other words, you do believe it will happen? Or do you feel like it won't happen? What are the negative beliefs that are showing up that might stop you from reaching your sales stretch goal?

Next, write down those beliefs. Perhaps you have written, I would love to reach that sales goal, but I don't believe there are enough prospects out there.รถ So you can see that the limiting belief is, There aren't enough prospects out there.

To begin to break through this belief, you can then write down three things that aren't true about this belief:

1. There are billions of people on the planet. I know there are more than enough prospects for me.

2. My competitors easily sell to my prospects every month.

3. I have lots of leads I haven't closed and they are actually great prospects

As you start to write down what isn't true about this belief, it begins to release its hold on you. As the hold is released, you will begin to feel lighter and you will often see opportunities that are right in front of you, or you will feel less afraid to pick up the phone and make your sales calls. (That's what you are going to do, right?)

My guess is that the prospects you have on your desk to call would get you to your monthly sales goal. Am I right?

The LOA is a powerful tool, but it's only part of the picture. Begin now to notice your beliefs about sales and selling so that you can more easily grow your sales in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment